Surveys on the Australian population suggest that atrial fibrillation affects approximately 2% of the general population, which amounts to more than 500,000 people. Therefore, many of them need a defibrillator. A defibrillator is an invaluable piece of medical equipment that can help save a patient’s life. However, with so many different defibrillators on the market, it can be hard to know which one to choose. To simplify, you can buy a defibrillator from Defibs Direct in Australia. Defibs Direct offers a wide range of devices with different functions along with various kits and accessories. Here are some recommendations that might help you decide on a piece of suitable equipment for your specific needs.
Table of Contents
Where are you purchasing for?
When you’re planning to purchase a defibrillator for your business or school, choosing the right one is essential. Whether you need a commercial or hospital-grade device depends on its intended use. For example:
- Getting a hospital-grade device from Defibs Direct in Australia is most appropriate if you purchase it for medical use.
- If you’re purchasing for training purposes, a non-hospital grade device may be exemplary since it won’t undergo as much wear and tear as an actual defibrillator used in real scenarios.
- AEDs are easy-to-use for amateur first-aid givers, so they’re ideal for public places or home use.
What features are required?
The purpose of a defibrillator is to save lives, so you need to ensure it’s going to work correctly every time. Some of the most important features you should consider when purchasing a new or used device are enlisted here:
- Minimum two years warranty period. The longer the warranty period, the better! Nothing is worse than having your machine fail just as you need it.
- Water and dust-proofing. This means that if water gets into your defibrillator’s chamber, it won’t damage any internal components (or cause electrocution).
- Fire voltage rating. The higher the voltage rating, the safer your device will be for use with humans or other living things (like animals). You should be able to find this information on most websites selling medical equipment.
What’s your budget?
Before purchasing a defibrillator, you must determine your budget and order quantity. While the cost of these machines can vary widely depending on the model, size and features you want, a range of $1,500 – $3,500 for a single unit can be optimally taken.
However, suppose you’re purchasing this item for an organization like a school or large business with multiple locations or employees who travel frequently (e.g., salespeople). In that case, it is vital to consider the total number of units needed before determining your budget. If there are too few AEDs available within your organization, then they may not be accessible when needed by someone suffering from sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).
Medical equipment demands precision
To find the best company for your needs, you should do some research. The first thing to do is to determine which companies are reputable. You should check for reviews for your shortlisted companies and look for customers who are happy with their purchases.
If there are any negative reviews, try to determine why they had issues with the company or their products. Were they able to resolve those issues? Was customer service helpful in resolving them? How were their warranty redemption and after-sales service? If possible, talk with former customers directly; they will be able to give you a more personal account of their experience than what’s written on review sites or forums.
The first step is identifying your needs and where you will use them. This will help substantially in narrowing down the choices available for purchase. It is equally important to consider how many people will be using the device at one time and how often they will need to use it. If possible, look at some of the existing defibrillators in your area before deciding what type works best for your needs.