If you’re looking for a way to add luxury and relaxation to your home, consider upgrading to a corner bathtub. These bathtubs are becoming increasingly popular for their space-saving design, comfortable seating options, and modern style. In this article, we’ll explore the advantages of upgrading to corner baths, as well as guide you through the selection and installation process.
Advantages of a Corner Bathtub
- Space-saving design: One of the biggest advantages of a corner bathtub is its space-saving design. By fitting neatly into the corner of your bathroom, it frees up the center of the room for other features like a vanity, shower, or storage. This is especially beneficial for smaller bathrooms, where every inch of space counts.
- Comfortable seating: Corner bathtubs often feature comfortable seating options that traditional bathtubs don’t offer. Some models have built-in benches or contoured seats and backrests that provide ultimate relaxation and comfort during your soak.
- Modern style: Corner bathtubs also offer a modern, sleek look to your bathroom. They come in various shapes, sizes, and styles, making it easy to find one that fits your design preferences and complements your decor.
- Increased home value: Adding a corner bathtub to your home can also increase its value. Many home buyers look for luxurious features like corner bathtubs, and having one could make your home more appealing and sellable in the future.
Choosing the Right Corner Bathtub
- Size and shape: When choosing a corner bathtub, consider the size and shape of your bathroom. Measure the available space in the corner and choose a bathtub that fits comfortably. There are various shapes to choose from, including square, rectangular, and oval, so select one that complements your bathroom’s design and matches your preferences.
- Material: Corner bathtubs come in various materials, including acrylic, porcelain, and fiberglass. Each material has its advantages and disadvantages, so consider factors like durability, maintenance, and cost when making your selection.
- Features: Many corner bathtubs offer additional features like whirlpool jets, air jets, and heating systems. Consider which features are important to you and which ones would enhance your relaxation experience.
- Preparation: Before installation, clear the area around the corner where you plan to install the bathtub. Remove any old flooring or fixtures that may interfere with the installation process.
- Plumbing: Hire a professional plumber to install the plumbing for your bathtub. The plumber will ensure that the bathtub is connected to the water supply and drainage system correctly.
- Installation: Once the plumbing is installed, you can install the bathtub. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully, ensuring that the bathtub is level and secure. It’s essential to get this step right to prevent any leaks or damage.
- Finishing touches: Once the bathtub is installed, finish the area around it with new flooring, tiles, or fixtures. Add finishing touches like candles or plants to create a relaxing atmosphere.
To keep your corner bathtub in good condition, clean it regularly with mild soap and water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could damage the surface. If you have a whirlpool or air jet bathtub, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and maintenance to ensure that the jets remain functional.
Upgrading to a corner bathtub can be an excellent way to add luxury and relaxation to your home. By considering factors like size, shape, material, and features, you can select the perfect bathtub for your needs and preferences. With proper installation and maintenance, your corner bath will provide you with years of relaxation and enjoyment.