Google Voice Number is a Virtual Number that functions as a secondary number. The Google Voice Number doesn’t only help in disguising your number but in a lot of cases can be used in place of a regular phone number when setting up an online business. Below are the steps to follow when getting a Google Voice Number.
Google voice is more than just a Google number. The Google Voice Phone Number also helps to send and receive text messages, block specific phone numbers from calling you, record incoming calls which can be shared with other people on your account or saved as MP-38 files for future use, check voicemail without having to dial Google Voice number, and Google Voice is compatible with Google Hangouts. Google
What is a Google Voice Number?
Google Voice Number is Google’s calling service which offers Google phone numbers to users in the U.S. and Canada for free, Google Voice allows you to display your Google number as caller ID when making calls from Gmail or Google Hangouts app.
Google Voice also comes with other awesome features like voicemail transcripts, call recording option (you can record your incoming calls for Google Voice number), Google voicemail, Google phone numbers are portable i.e., you can port Google voice to different carriers anytime without any additional charges and free SMS texting service.
Google also offers a virtual mobile number if you want to keep your real one private or separate from your work life. This is a great choice if you need Google Voice Number for business or personal use.
Google Voice Account for the USA Peoples
If you need a Google Voice number for the US, Google offers this service. You will get one phone number that works on all devices and two more numbers to use with the Google Hangouts app or your computer’s Gmail account where you can make calls from. If needed, Google voice has an option to change it into a business number as well. Google Voice also offers you the option to receive messages without being online. Since Google’s calling plans are unlimited, it is great for personal use or business needs.
Google Voice Account for the Non-USA peoples
Google Voice is a great service for people who need to make calls from Google’s servers. Google has many features that are similar to Skype, but Google voice works with any phone in addition to computers. Google Voice Phone Number The Google number you get will be your main contact point. It can ring all of your phones at once or you can choose which phones Google voice is calling. Google Voice Phone Number You can also give out your Google number to people so they can call you via video chat or by phone depending on their web connection. Google Voice has features that allow the user to set up a business line for free, making Google’s service great for small businesses.
How to get a Google Phone number?
You will be asked to sign in with your Google Account and select the type of phone you want (home, work, etc.) when signing up for Google voice service. You can also add multiple numbers under one account if needed. Google voice numbers are free to Google users (see Google Voice for iPhone) and Google web apps. Callers can reach you anywhere, anytime by calling your Google number or dialing the Google Chat number that appears on your computer screen when receiving a call. You will be able to log into your Gmail account from any phone line with access to the Internet.
Google Voice integrates with Google Web Applications (see Google Talk) and you can use it to make calls using Gmail chat. Google voice has an online voicemail service that allows callers to leave messages or listen in real time, set up customized greetings for different types of phone numbers, block specific incoming calls if necessary and forward your number without interrupting your Google Chat. Google Voice is the perfect way to get around international calling charges and it will even transcribe voicemail messages for you into emails that can be sent directly from Google Mail or Gmail chat if desired.
If you are an iPhone user, Google voice is available as well (see Google Voice App). Notifications automatically appear when new Google voice mail comes in. Google Voice app allows you to answer calls made through Google Chat, send text messages for free and record incoming Google voicemail via the iPhone menu options or by holding down the home button while receiving a call. You can also screen your phone calls with customizable hang up phrases that are automated if desired.
Google Voice is used by Google employees and it is known for its reliability. Google voice gives you a free U.S. phone number that can be used with any telephone, smartphone or computer (see Google Voice App). Google voice operates 24 hours a day/seven days per week so there are no time-of-day restrictions when receiving calls. An added bonus to Google voice is Google Talk, which can be accessed on Google Chrome and lets you make free calls to other Google users (see Google Voice Chat).
Google has recently updated Google Voice for iPhone (see Google Voice App) with a larger text size option. You can now add an area code when signing up for your number if desired. The new update also includes Google Voice transcribed voicemail, Google Chrome notifications for incoming calls and an easy way to change your phone forwarding number. Google voice is a great choice if you are looking for reliable virtual or temporary numbers that can be used with one U.S. area code location only (see Google Voice App).
Create a Google Account
to get Google Voice. You can use your Gmail email, but it is better to create a new Google Account for Google voice. Then you’ll have an account specific to Google Voice that will make things easier when you want to access all the features of Google Voice on one page instead of having multiple logins open in different windows or tabs at once. Google Voice is Google’s product similar to Google voice for business, Google voice phone number can be used as a free personal Google Number.
Select Your Google Voice Number
Google Voice numbers are usually only available in certain area codes, so you need to pay attention when Google voice number is assigned. You can select an area code of your choice, but it may be difficult if there are no more Google Voice free phone numbers left for the city or state where you live. If Google assigns a Google Voice number that does not meet your expectations, Google will allow you to pick another Google Voice number.
Link & Verify Your Existing Phone Number
Google Voice is compatible with most modern phones. You can link your mobile phone to a Google voice number for free or for cheap calls. Google will verify the number you provide before moving forward, however, if Google cannot make a connection to your phone service provider on its own Google may ask you some questions about it instead.
Create Multiple Voices For Your Home or Business Google Voice allows you to create multiple Google voices for your home or business. You can set up different numbers that will ring on the same device, but Google voice number rings on its own phone line instead of your cellphone’s personal number.
Download the App on Your Devices
To get Google voice, you need to download it on your devices. You can use Google Voice with a Google account or a Gmail address.
If you have an iPhone, go to iTunes and search for Google Voice. It is free in most places around the world! The call quality is great and you can connect Google Voice to your Google account in just a few steps.
You will need an iPhone or iPad with iOS version 11 or higher, as well as the Google Hangouts app installed on it for this to work. Also, make sure that Google is set up correctly on your device with the internet connection turned off so incoming calls will work.
What You Need for Google Voice Phone Number
Google Voice service requires a smartphone and an Android or iOS operating system on the phone itself. However, you can use the Google voice app if you do not have a smartphone as long as your computer has Chrome installed. Google Voice transcribed voicemail is Google voice service that Google offers to their customers.
Google Voice app has been updated recently with a larger text size option that allows you to add an area code when signing up for your number if desired. The new update also includes Google Voice transcribed voicemail, Google Chrome notifications for incoming calls, and an easy way to change your Google Voice phone forwarding number. Google voice is a great choice if you are looking for reliable virtual or temporary numbers that can be used with one U.S. area code location only (see Google Voice App).
Google Voice Features
Google Voice offers a lot of features, but you can use it with just the Google Hangouts app for free to make and take calls from your Google number on an iPhone or iPad! You do not have to activate Google voice if that is too much trouble. However, once Google Voice does get activated, then all the Google voice features become available. Google Voice has a lot of great calling features, but the Google Hangouts app is easy to use and pretty intuitive for most people who have used Google products before.
- All Google accounts come with a free phone number that works anywhere in the United States or Canada. The Google Number also allows you to set up other Google voice numbers that allow you to choose a Google number that will ring on your phone.
- Google Voice has a range of features, but some are only available when your Google account gets activated with Google Voice. The Google Hangouts app is the best way to enjoy all the benefits of Google Voice for free! You can use it from any iPhone or iPad. Google Voice also has a Google Chrome extension for Google Hangouts, so you can use it with your favorite browser too!
- You can listen to voicemail on the web or through text transcripts if you are not near your phone. Google voice allows you to have multiple numbers that ring different phones at home and work. This is great if you have a Google number and need to give it out for business, but still, want your calls to go through. Google Voice also gives you call forwarding so that if someone leaves a message on Google Voice’s voicemail system, then they will receive an email with the transcription of the message as well as the audio file sent directly to their inbox. Google Voice also has a range of calling features, but they can only be used when you activate Google voice.
- Google Voice is free to use and it works on any iPhone or iPad with the Google Hangouts app installed. You will need to have a Google account to get your own Google number at no cost! Using Google voice is easy and Google Hangouts has a range of Google voice calling features. Google Voice is free to use, but some Google voice calling features can only be used when you activate your Google account with Google Voice!
- All the latest updates on how to get a google voice phone number for any device or platform including iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, and Google Chrome.
- Google voice is the place to get a Google number, but you can also use it on your iOS device with Google Hangouts! The Google Number and Google Voice give users access to multiple numbers that they can choose from to ring different phones at home or work. Additionally, when you activate Google voice, then you get Google voice call forwarding, Google voicemail transcription, and Google Hangouts!
Unlimited Calling & Multi-device Access
The Google Number allows users to choose a Google number that they can call for free! Using Google voice with the Hangouts app gives you access to unlimited calling through your data plan or Wi-Fi. The Google Voice features include Google voicemail transcription, automatic spam filtering, and customized greetings on each of the multiple numbers in your account. Google Voice is a great way to get Google voice calling features and access Google voicemail transcription.
Unlimited Calling & Multi-device Access with Google Hangouts! The Google Number allows users to choose a Google number that they can call for free! Using Google voice with the Hangouts app gives you access to unlimited calling through your data plan or Wi-Fi. Google Voice features include Google voicemail transcription, automatic spam filtering, and customized greetings on each of the multiple numbers in your account. Google voice is a great way to get Google voice calling features and access Google voicemail transcription at no cost!
Support for Desk Phones
The Google Voice phone number is a virtual one, but you can also get calls to your smartphone from desk phones. This works great if you have a work and personal line or two different Google numbers you want to use with the same device. There are many calling features that go along with the Google voice phone service as well for both Android and iOS. Google Voice is a great way to get and use virtual phone numbers for your business or personal life.
Google Voice has an excellent spam filter built in so you won’t be bothered by telemarketers or other nuisance callers.
Multiple Google Numbers You can connect up to six different Google numbers to your account and use them depending on what number is best at the time for you. This also saves money if each of these Google numbers is free within Google voice. Google virtual phone numbers are easy to get and use as well for whatever your needs may be.
Google Voice has a multi-level auto attendant for you to use when people call. You can set it up in advance with instructions and information that Google voice will read out loud, allowing the caller to navigate through your business or personal system at their own pace. This is an excellent feature of Google virtual phone numbers as well which makes them useful for both business and personal Google numbers.
Google Voice Number Google has a great way to get phone numbers that you can use for your business or other purposes, such as Google voice number services. The Google voice phone service is free within the United States and Canada with low rates internationally. You won’t need an expensive device to receive calls either if you have a Google voice number and Google native app. Google Voice is the best way to get a Google virtual phone number for your business or personal life.
Pros of Google Voice
- Google Voice is an enhanced version of Google Talk.
- You can get two phone numbers on one device by using Google Hangouts. This means that you can have a home number and business line in the same place, at no extra charge.
- Google voice works with Gmail which many people already use for work or personal emails.
- Google voice can be used with Google Hangouts which works great for video calls. This feature is available on the app and computers as well so you do not have to use a smartphone to access it. You also get free texting through Google Voice, but only in the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico.
- Google Voice can be used on a smartphone or computer. Google Hangouts can also be accessed from your laptop, tablet and even Android watches with the Google Assistant app installed.
- Google Voice has been around for over ten years so it is stable as well as reliable to use for calling or texting friends, family, and businesses.
- Google voice works with Google Home so you can listen to voicemails and send texts with your voice.
Cons of Google Voice
- Google Voice is not offered in all countries.
- Google voice cannot be used outside of Google services, which means that you are limited when it comes to your phone number options. You can only use Google numbers or buy a new one through Google Voice.
- The receiving party must also have the app installed for text messages to be received.
- Google Voice is not great for international calls, especially if you are using it outside of Google services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Google Voice lets you screen your incoming Google Voice calls. You can use Google’s automated system to send a text message back letting the person calling know that they have reached Google voicemail or another pre-recorded message of your choice, including something as simple as “I’m not available right now.”
Google Voice cannot work with existing phone numbers. Google does offer Google voice number services which you can set up to use depending on your needs for Google voice call forwarding. If you’re looking to keep your current Google Virtual Phone Number active, the best way is through using Hangouts Dialer or GV Connect app instead of Google Voice’s direct dial. You can also Google voice number porting if you want to keep your current number and Google Voice account together.
Google Voice numbers are free and Google charges a fee for Google Hangouts Dialer or GV Connect app. Google voice number services provide great options depending on your needs as well such as toll-free Google phone numbers.
Google virtual phone numbers can be used to create multiple Google accounts with different contacts if you need an alternative solution to using the same Google Voice account for all Google services.
Google voice numbers are free and Google charges a fee for Google Hangouts Dialer or GV Connect app. Google Voice lets you use one number with multiple devices, but it’s important to note that you can only have one Google account per device so your Google phone number is not interchangeable between the two accounts.
Google voice porting requires a $20 Google Voice account credit Google voice porting cannot be done from Google messaging services. Google messages will automatically forward to the current Google Voice number but it is not possible to transfer a Google phone number out of Google messages or Hangouts app and into a different one.
Does Google Voice provide international numbers? Google does offer Google voice service to the UK but only in English. International calls can be made by dialing an access number before your Google Virtual number. Google voice also offers Google numbers for businesses to create a local presence in addition to their physical location. Google Voice now allows you to send faxes and make free calls with no ads or monthly fees!